Compressed Yeast Operator 2nd Shift
Red Star Yeast Company LLC (RSYC), a leader in the Yeast Manufacturing Industry, is now accepting resumes for a Compressed Yeast Operator position at our Cedar Rapids, IA location! RSYC is a joint venture between Lesaffre Yeast Corporation and ADM, and is proud to have a state of the art facility that opened its doors in 2005 as the largest fresh yeast manufacturing facility in North America. The Lesaffre Yeast Corporation has been providing quality yeast products since 1853 and is the world leader in yeast and yeast extracts with a presence in more than 30 countries worldwide.
The Compressed yeast operator ensures that product is processed and packaged correctly and in a timely manner. This requires a wide range of knowledge and skills, many of which can be learned on the job. The Compressed Yeast Operator reports directly to the CY/NUT Supervisor. May also receive direction from Process Supervisors or other department management personnel as required.
The processing and packaging of food products requires flexibility on the part of all personnel as operations change depending upon the needs of the customer. This will require a Compressed Yeast Operator to train and work on all machines in the department on a periodic basis in order to ensure customer requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Perform sanitation on equipment, infrastructure, grounds, and other assigned areas.
- Monitor quality assurance controls during the production process. For example, product analysis, weight checks, and code date verifications are performed on a routine basis to ensure the customer receives a quality product. The Compressed Yeast Operator also monitors other quality assurance controls.
- Record and maintain accurate written and electronic information.
- Understand and follow safety, GMP, food safety, and other rules or policies.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Inspect infrastructure and equipment and notify management when maintenance is required.
- Assist in trouble-shooting of equipment and process problems.
- Communicate and interact with other employees, customers, and management personnel in a respectful and effective manner.
- Learn and operate all equipment in the Compressed Yeast Department. Cover shifts as scheduled. Overtime may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to follow instructions, learn and ask questions.
- Ability to accurately report process data and maintain process records.
- Mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
- Good people skills.
- Ability to manage time and plan ahead.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and packaging processes preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
EDUCATION: High school diploma, GED, or 3 years minimum of experience in similar position.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Write simple correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Perform basic mathematical operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division). Perform simple mathematical analysis using the units of money, weight, volume, and distance
- Full-time, Non-Exempt Hourly Position – Offering Competitive Wages & Shift Differential (Starting $19/hour)
- Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee and Dependent Life Insurance, Long and Short Term Disability, and Paid Vacation and Sick Time.
- 401K with Company match and a Performance Incentive Program