Operator, Production - Nutritional Department
This position would be a 3rd shift (6pm to 6am) rotating schedule -2 on, 2off, 3 on 2 off, 2 on 3 off
The Nutritional Yeast Operator ensures that product is processed and packaged correctly and in a timely manner. This requires a wide range of knowledge and skills, many of which can be learned on the job. The Nutritional Yeast Operator reports directly to the CY/NUT Supervisor. May also receive direction from Process Supervisors or other department management personnel as required.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned depending upon operational needs
The processing and packaging of food products requires flexibility on the part of all personnel as operations change depending upon the needs of the customer. This will require a Nutritional Operator to train and work on all equipment in the department on a periodic basis in order to ensure customer requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Perform sanitation on equipment, infrastructure, grounds, and other assigned areas.
- Monitor quality assurance controls during the production process. For example, product analysis, weight checks, and code date verifications are performed on a routine basis to ensure the customer receives a quality product. The Nutritional Operator also monitors other quality assurance controls.
- Record and maintain accurate written and electronic information.
- Understand and follow safety, GMP, food safety, and other rules or policies.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Inspect infrastructure and equipment and notify management when maintenance is required.
- Assist in trouble-shooting of equipment and process problems.
- Communicate and interact with other employees, customers, and management personnel in a respectful and effective manner.
- Learn and operate all equipment in Nutritional. Cover shifts as scheduled. Mandatory overtime may be required.
ENVIRONMENTAL, SAFETY, QUALITY, AND LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
Understand and follow all environmental, safety, quality, and legal regulations for the area in which they work.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to follow instructions, learn and ask questions.
- Ability to accurately report process data and maintain process records.
- Mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
- Good people skills.
- Ability to manage time and plan ahead.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and packaging processes preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
High school diploma or 3 years minimum of experience in similar position.
Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Write simple correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Perform basic mathematical operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division). Perform simple mathematical analysis using the units of weight, volume, and distance.
Apply common sense and be able to follow supervisory instruction and plant policies and procedures. Solve standardized problems with few or no variables. Use learned experience to solve more detailed and complex problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGRISTRATIONS
Ability to be forklift certified required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particulates; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level requires the use of hearing protection at all times.
Facial Hair Policy
Employees working in this position will be required to follow Red Star Yeast’s facial hair policy. This is due to requirement of this position to wear respiratory protection.
Red Star Yeast Company, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. Benefits include medical, wellness, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, flexible spending, and retirement savings plan (401K) which is a $1.00 for $1.00 match up to four (4) percent of your eligible compensation. In addition, the Company provides provisions for family and medical leave, personal leave and other types of paid and unpaid leave. Benefits start day one.