Operator, Fermentation Department
Red Star Yeast Company LLC (RSYC), a leader in the Yeast Manufacturing Industry, is now accepting resumes for a Process Operator position at our Cedar Rapids, IA location! RSYC is a joint venture between Lesaffre Yeast Corporation and ADM, and is proud to have a state of the art facility that opened its doors in 2005 as the largest fresh yeast manufacturing facility in North America. The Lesaffre Yeast Corporation has been providing quality yeast products since 1853 and is the world leader in yeast and yeast extracts with a presence in more than 30 countries worldwide.
The primary purpose of the Process Operator is to ensure the production of a quality yeast product by following established procedures and performing various sanitation duties. This requires a wide range of knowledge and skills, many of which can be learned on the job.
The ideal candidate will have strong multi-tasking, management, communication and customer service skills that have been demonstrated throughout their work history.
- Follow established production schedule and fermentation procedures, make adjustments on the processes or processing equipment, manually or through a central processing computer. Follow established cleaning (CIP) and syrup/raw materials procedures. Run the separation of the yeast after the fermentation.
- Recognize and notify supervisor of equipment failures and major fermentation problems or variations in the process are detected.
- Comply with all established safety, GMP, and food safety rules of the plant as well as general company policies.
- Record and maintain accurate written and electronic information for fermentation, separation, CIP’s, or any other documents required by company to regulate parameters, procedures and equipment through basic laboratory analysis, simple calculations and computer controls.
- General cleaning as required.
- Work Schedule: Night Operator, 2on/2off/3on/2off/2on/3off rotation, 6pm-6am
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to follow instructions, learn and ask questions.
- Ability to accurately report process data and maintain process records.
- Mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
- Good people skills.
- Ability to manage time and plan ahead.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and packaging processes preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
EDUCATION: High school diploma, GED, or 3 years minimum of experience in similar position.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Write simple correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Perform basic mathematical operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division). Perform simple mathematical analysis using the units of money, weight, volume, and distance
- Full-time, Non-Exempt Hourly Position – Offering Competitive Wages & Shift Differential (Starting $19/hour)
- Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee and Dependent Life Insurance, Long and Short Term Disability, and Paid Vacation and Sick Time.
- 401K with Company match and a Performance Incentive Program