Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Electrical/Instrumentation Technician
Red Star Yeast Company LLC (RSYC), a leader in the Yeast Manufacturing Industry, is now accepting resumes for a Maintenance Electrical/Instrumentation (E/I) Technician position at our Cedar Rapids, IA location! RSYC is a joint venture between Lesaffre Yeast Corporation and ADM, and is proud to have a state of the art facility that opened its doors in 2005 as the largest fresh yeast manufacturing facility in North America. The Lesaffre Yeast Corporation has been providing quality yeast products since 1853 and is the world leader in yeast and yeast extracts with a presence in more than 30 countries worldwide.
The primary purpose of the Maintenance E/I Technician is to maintain and repair any and all plant electrical equipment and control instruments. Assist in the construction and installation of plant electrical modifications or equipment additions as assigned by the Electrical/Instrumentation Supervisor. This E/I Technician will be a critical team member for supporting the night shift production departments.
Shift: 6:00 pm to 6:00 am
Schedule Rotation: 2 on / 2off, 3 on / 2off, 2 on / 3off (Working either Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday, with every other Friday/Saturday/Sunday weekend off)
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and customer service skills that have been demonstrated throughout their work history.
Required Skills & Experience:
- College degree in Industrial Electrical or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in related field.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Must understand and use complicated test equipment for diagnosis of hard to find problems with electrical circuits and equipment.
- Must be able to read and understand PLC logic and electrical diagrams or schematics.
- Must be able to read equipment manuals and use the troubleshooting guides found within to solve problems.
- Ability to operate forklifts, man lifts, some production equipment and power tools.
- Ability to handle critical decision making responsibilities and deal with mental stress from occasionally extended worked hours outside of regular schedule.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ensure completion of assignments.
Red Star Yeast Company, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. Benefits include medical, wellness, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, flexible spending, and retirement savings plan (401K) which is a $1.00 for $1.00 match up to four (4) percent of your eligible compensation. In addition, the Company provides provisions for family and medical leave, personal leave and other types of paid and unpaid leave. Benefits start day one.